A thriving e-commerce solutions company in Cape Town is looking for a talented and motivated backend/full-stack Magento developer with extensive PHP experience who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment. As part of our development team, you will play a key role in building and maintaining various e-commerce sites for our extensive client portfolio. Diploma or degree in IT or Computer Science / NQF level 6 or 7, official Microsoft/Sun certificate and 3+ years PHP experience required. Experience with RequireJS, KnockoutJs, jQuery, Symfony, Composer, Less, CSS, Grunt, MySQL, XML and PHPUnit, experience with Cloudflare/CDN, experience integrating and extending API-based services, Magento certification advantage .
- Building and configuring multiple e-commerce websites.
- Coding Magento templates with functional design in collaboration with
- CRM, Client Experience, Performance Teams.
- Develop Magento modules in PHP using best practices.
- Theme and interface design.
- Troubleshoot integration issues.
- Website functionality and security patch updates.
- Building modules and customizing extensions.
- Set up and configure development environment components such as Redis, Memcache, Varnish, and New Relic with custom third-party software integrations.
- Code is deployed via Github. Pushing and pulling code to environments.
Fulfillment of project and task assignments:
- Collaborate with various CRM, performance and collaboration team members to manage specific processes within the development lifecycle.
- Setting and delivering performance tasks and goals.
- Meet project and retainer deadlines and budgets.
- Test site performance and perform code sign-off/review before creating commits on Github.
- Code release from development to production according to the live release schedule.
Customer and team support:
- Maintaining Site Security.
- Backend debugging and programming for problem solving.
- Feature update.
- Working to support other members of the development team with complex issues.
- Assign, respond to, and monitor customer support cases.
- Communicate effectively and reliably about tasks, deliverables, etc.
- Diploma or Degree / NQF Level 6 or 7 in IT or Computer Science, official Microsoft/Sun certificate.
- PHP 3+ years experience.
- A complete software development cycle from planning to deployment.
- Experience pushing/pulling code to development environments with Git or SDN.
- Develop a complete stack on the latest LAMP framework, with clean, self-documenting, and well-documented code. Experience with RequireJS, KnockoutJs, jQuery, Symfony, Composer, Less, CSS, Grunt, MySQL, XML, PHPUnit a plus.
- Cloudflare // CDN experience.
- Experience with API-based service integration and extension is an advantage.
- Magento Certifications has the advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to research solutions through various online platforms such as Stack Exchange.
- PHP developer with extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge of LESS and CSS.
- A critical and systematic thinker.
- teamwork and collaborators.
- Resilience and stress management.
- Focused on performance and results.
- Excellence in quality and detail.
- Hard working and never give up attitude.
- Reliable and good at communication.
- leadership skills.
- Planning and Prioritizing.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle relevant administrative tasks.
We aim to respond to all applications, but if we do not hear from you about this position within 10 business days, please consider your application disapproved.
When applying for a job, make sure you have the minimum job requirements. that’s all SA citizens are considered for this role.If you are not at your listed work location, please include a relocation plan on all work and correspondence applications. [URL Removed] Email a Word copy of your resume [Email Address Removed] Include the job reference number.
Learn more/Apply for this position