Digital marketing is all about generating leads and energizing your business. There is often not much room for empathy in conversations. Web visitors represent dollar figures, right? Do you have an empathy indicator?
The good news: You can achieve your business goals while putting empathy at the heart of your marketing strategy! You can connect your team around a core belief in the shared vulnerability of your experience.
This article will explain How and Why to Get Empathy, Unique Attorney Marketing Concernsand a brief primer empathy on social media.
Use empathy for your users
As a lawyer, you know that emotions matter. People are very emotional creatures and their emotions (for better or worse!) move them into action.
But let’s make one thing clear. Empathy-driven marketing is different than emotion-driven marketing.
What is Emotion-Driven Marketing? A marketer creates a buyer-her persona that includes emotions. Marketing materials are then designed to use these emotions to manipulate the activated person into buying something or taking action.
Instead, focus on empathy-driven design when developing your website. It starts by putting yourself in your client’s (or prospect’s) shoes and getting to know them better. how users feel About the circumstances that caused the need for a lawyer.Then we design the website Sympathize We provide thoughtful solutions for your situation.
Choosing the Right Image for Your Law Firm’s Website
Over the past 15 years, we’ve designed websites for nearly 2,000 law firms, and we often see lawyers overlooking the impact images have on their users.
Let’s say you were recently in a motorcycle accident and lost your leg. While looking for a lawyer, I found a firm that seemed to specialize in motorcycle accidents. When you land on their website, the first thing you see is a full-screen image of a motorcycle crashing on the street and an ambulance behind it.
For lawyers, there is a moral and business case for avoiding triggers that could reactivate someone’s trauma. Even if that means choosing a more abstract design for your website or marketing materials.
Lawyers should avoid images that attract attention but can provoke negative emotional states.
According to Harvard Professor Gerald Zaltmann, 95% of purchasing decisions are made subconsciously. According to another study, Emotional connection has a bigger impact than customer satisfaction About repeat business, referrals, and email open rates.
In other words, making people feel good and safe (i.e., empathy-driven marketing) will help your practice grow.
As you develop your website and put yourself in the shoes of your site visitors, be sure to be aware of their pain points. These issues should be relevant to the legal issue and business at hand.
Unfortunately, when it comes to legal matters, many people have preconceptions about what it’s like to be involved in a lawsuit or work with an attorney. These beliefs can lead to fears, anxieties, and even terrors. When creating content for your website, consider all these feelings and find valuable information to alleviate some of these concerns. Please try to provide Videos are a great way for visitors to passively “meet” team members and establish a comfort level that leads to more conversions.
Consider the following points regarding the content of the article:
- Answer questions you know your visitors are asking. To show that you understand your visitors’ concerns, there is nothing more important than proactively responding to their questions and providing answers when they need it most.
- Make your content easy to read and sensitive to your audience’s feelings. Complex sentences and legal jargon can exacerbate feelings of uncertainty and anxiety. By creating content that distills complex topics for your visitors, you can keep the legal process from being overwhelmed.
- Show who your expert is. An attorney’s profile is often a sterile bulleted list of achievements and bar exam passes. Consider taking a more personal approach to this incredibly important web page. This does not mean listing your child’s name here. Instead, show how and why you have a comprehensive understanding of your prospect’s needs. Consider answering the following questions. What is your favorite part of this job? “
- Create a call to action that appeals to your visitor’s unique situation. Do your prospects value confidentiality above all else? If this sounds right, you can make your web form incredibly short and give your website visitors the opportunity to speak with a lawyer for a free/confidential consultation. Consider letting them know you will speak in person.
Notes on empathy on social media
So can empathy-driven marketing work on social media? The short answer is yes, but the long answer is a little more complicated.
Social Media Platforms Are Primarily Image Drivenimage selection has a greater impact on social KPIs than on websites.
On the one hand, you want an image that grabs attention. But on the other hand, your goal is bigger than a few likes and a moment of attention, right? Your ultimate goal is to build and ultimately maintain a relationship.
It is possible to post sensitive images with empathy. In this situation you should use a trigger alert. This is a brief notice explaining the topic and material contained at the top of the post. For example, a graphic photo of a motorcycle accident could be labeled “TW: Graphic Photo of a Motorcycle Accident”.
trigger warning Give users the choice of whether or not to engage with material that may be difficult for them. However, if you want trigger warnings, it’s worth assessing whether your content really provides value to your followers or if it could do more harm than good.
Ultimately, it can produce provocative images more However, it can discourage certain prospective customers from engaging with your website and your company.
Review and next steps
User empathy is often overlooked in lawyer marketing. However, empathy is a powerful and strategic design choice.
- Attorney marketing should avoid images that can activate trauma in users.
- Your website content should address your visitors’ specific concerns.
- Triggered alerts can give users agency and build trust in social media.
Empathy-driven marketing helps companies generate higher quality leads, improve referrals, and increase client lifetime value.