View full version
PSPad is a programmer’s editor that supports multiple syntax highlighting profiles. It comes with a HEX editor, CP conversion, text differences, templates, macros, spell check options, autocomplete, and code explorer. The program is pre-configured for the most popular programming languages (VB, C++, SQL, PHP, ASP, and Python) with further customization of syntax settings.
Features of PSPad:
- work on the project
- Work with multiple documents at the same time (MDI)
- Save your desktop session and reopen all session files later
- FTP client – edit files directly from the web
- Macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- Find and replace files
- Text differences with color coded differences highlighted
- Templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates, etc.)
- The installation includes templates for HTML, PHP, Pascal, JScript, VBScript, MySQL, MS-Dos, Perl, and more.
- Syntax highlighting according to file type
- User-defined highlighters for exotic environments
- automatic correction
- Intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
- Full HEX editor
- Call different external programs for different environments
- External compiler with output catcher, log window and log parser for “IDE” effect in all environments
- Color syntax highlighting printing and print preview
- Integrated TiDy library for HTML code formatting and checking, conversion to CSS, XML and XHTML
- Integrated free version of top CSS editor TopStyle Lite
- Highlight and export to file or clipboard in RTF, HTML, TeX format
- Column block selection, bookmarks, line numbers,…
- Reformat and compress HTML code, change tag case
- Row sorting with the ability to sort by defined columns and remove duplicates
- ASCII chart with HTML entities
- In-development code explorer for Pascal, C/C++, INI, HTML, XML, PHP, etc.
- spell checker
- An internal web browser that supports APACHE
- Highlight matching brackets
- … (there are many other features, too many to list)
PSPad 188.8.131.520 changelog:
- Added missing HTML tags: portal, slot, template
- Improved ChatGPT (menu tools). If the request is not returned from v35, it will automatically be sent to the v30 ChatGPT version.Improved string handling
- Find File – Optimize Open All Result Files
- List of FTP connections in pop-up menu – break every 15 connections
- Integrated ChatGPT (Menu Tools). You need to insert your API key. A link to request and insert an API key can be found in the ChatGPT dialog.
- Program Settings/Colors – Current Tab changes the highlight color at the top of the current file tab
- Program Settings / Direct Edit – HighlughtCurrentFileTab=0 turns off the top highlight of the current file tab
- HTML highlighter highlights new pair FIELDSET, LEGEND
- OpenSSL library updated to 3.0.8 version
- Defining G-Code User Highlighters (Arman Hayots)
- Optimized application starts from previous file and opens some files from optimized command line
- [ファイル]The tab’s context menu now contains two items: copy filename and filename with path
- User Highlighter’s keyword list has been expanded from the “Start with” display. The keyword is highlighted if the definition is followed by a number.
- OpenSSL library updated to 3.0.7 from 09/01/2022
- New Italian spell checker dictionary version (Giovanni Maroncelli)
- HTML export generates inline CSS for selected text (HTML fragments), and for unselected text a full HTML page with CSS definitions and references
- ASCII chart – add control characters
- Remove Char ^Z (1A) from binary file detection
- OpenSSL library update
- Generic highlighter supports user defined regions using #REGION … #ENDREGION in code
- Left gutter track change color adapts to dark/light backgrounds
- Autohotkey Code Explorer also shows hotkey labels (#::)
- Unicode auto-synthesis (a special setting) is also done for clipboard paste and file save.
- User converters allow you to define list delimiters.in the section [Settings] As DelimiterChar=|. The pipe is used as default even if the variable does not exist.
- Possibility to disable triple and quad click behavior in program settings / direct edit button as TripleClick=0
- Run with DEP (Data Execution Prevention) enabled
- COBOL Highlighter – Enhanced Code Folding Features
- Line feed display
- Copy formatted text -[編集]A new feature in the menu or editor context menu lets you copy the highlighted text to a Rich Text Format editor such as Word.
- [ファイル]New Tab Context Menu – Open File Folder in File Explorer
- Program Settings / Direct Edit Button (Special Settings) – Added new option UseClearType = 0/1. This allows you to disable cleartype in the editor window.Restart the program for the setting to take effect
- FTP – Possibility to set default FTP connection. Add an asterisk to the end of the FTP connection name.
- Editor Components – UNOD/REDO Rework
- File list from redesigned menu window – can be sorted by file name, folder, etc.
- PHP Highlighter – Added “mixed” type
- PHP code completion – add magic constants
- Check and auto-correct the recent.ini file
- Ruby – Multi-string support
- Compile with new Delphi 11
- When you click the status bar, the ASCII chart changes encoding according to the window’s used codepage (not Unicode encoding).
- If file state saving is enabled, user-modified highlighters take precedence over HTML multi-highlighters. For example, if a PHP file is opened with the HTML multi-highlighter, the user changes the highlighter to PHP.Next time PSpad will open the file as PHP instead of HTML multi-highlighter
- Added a mechanism to fix corrupted PSpad.INI files
- Bookmarks are synced in split windows
- Active file tab highlight when tab style is selected [full release notes]
Download: PSPad 184.108.40.2060 | 10.1MB (Freeware)
Download: PSPad 220.127.116.110 Portable | 11.9MB
Links: PSPad Home Page | PSPad Extensions
Report an article issue